Navajo Nation Division of Natural Resources Director Bidtah Becker is scheduled to present a verbal report to the Navajo Nation Council Budget and Finance Committee Wednesday, March 7, at 1 p.m. at the Amerind Conference Room, Amerind Risk, 502 Salt Cedar Ct, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico.
Becker, who is a political appointee of Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye, is scheduled to make her presentation on carbon credit with the Forestry Department and Department of Agriculture. Both departments are under the Division of Natural Resources.
According to the Budget & Finance Committee proposed meetings AGENDA, the report by Becker, the Forestry Department and Department of Agriculture will involve:
• Forest Economic Development Projects
• California Air Resources Board forest carbon offset program
• ALTREE project
• Renewable Energy Development
• Renewable Energy Development Zones
1. Type 1
2. Type 2
3. Type 3
• 500 MW of transmission along NGS Transmission System
• Energy Office